FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is the Hispanic Association of Small Businesses a government agency? No. The Hispanic Association of Small Businesses was incorporated in the State of California to give technical and informative support to socioeconomically, disadvantaged small business owners. This organization is funded by public donations only and is registered with the California Secretary of State as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit public benefit corporation.
- Are my donations tax deductible? Yes. We are recognized by the I.R.S. as a tax exempt corporation because we are approved as a tax exempt nonprofit public benefit corporation under the IRS code section 501(c)(3). Your donation is tax deductible but we always recommend you consult with your tax preparer.
- Can I be a volunteer? Yes. You may donate your time by offering professional services to the community through our organization. You can also volunteer at our events, workshops, seminars, educational events, and multicultural events. Please contact us for more information.
- Is the Hispanic Association of Small Businesses an educational institution? No. The Hispanic Association of Small Businesses is composed of a group of business professionals and educators that volunteer their time and knowledge to educate and inform the public on business issues and business resources.
- How do I get started? You can start by contacting us with your business needs and we will use our available resources to answer all your questions or direct you to resources that may be of assistance to you.